Friday, December 10, 2010

Things I Like (what I have been working on in my absence)

  • Open-source software
    • Ubuntu (Operating System)
      • easy to use (I'm seriously considering installing it on my parents' machines)
        • secure
        • hard to screw up
      • Software Center -- get all of your programs for free from an "App-Store" like location, rather than hunting through the internet
      • powerful
        • I can do anything I would normally do on Windows or OSX on Ubuntu
      • free
      • better than OSX and Windows (surprisingly)
    • people designing and developing software to better computing for everyone, simply because they enjoy it
      • a lot of programs are superior to for-profit programs
  • DIY (do it yourself) projects
    • Programming
      • Python (really easy, powerful programming language)
      • learning to use a computer as a tool to create my own tools
      • creating tools for other people to use (see open-source)
    • Graphic Design
    • Web development
      • web design
      • Python for web

No comments:

Post a Comment